Want to take great floral pictures?
you don't need an expensive camera, you need foundational photography principles
As I was chatting with Heather about the vision for this class, she said,
"It's really not about the camera. It's natural to believe you need an expensive camera to get great shots, but it's just not true. What's really needed is mastery over the elements and principles of setting up a great shot on the camera you already have. If you love it and want to explore more, then upgrade to put additional tools in your toolbox."
Everything you see on this page was created in my simple studio in Boone with an iPhone. There was a time I didn't believe it was possible for me to take shots I loved, but Heather changed that for me! In this class you'll see the exact steps you need to take to create the images you've been eyeing — bright, moody, modern or romantic.
This class is hosted by me, Kelly and taught by Heather Payne of Heather Payne Photography.
This class is well-suited for the floral designer, flower farmer or related floral professional who wants to create stunning images of the flowers they arrange or grow. At the end of this class you will know how to:
- Read an image, identify why you drawn to it and the elements and principles that were used to create the shot.
- Adjust your surroundings and angles to get the lighting effects you love.
- Create images from scratch that best reflect your brand — moody, bright, romantic or modern .
- Set up a beautiful, styled environment for your arrangements with basic supplies (You probably already have most of these things, but just incase, sources are included).
- Compose a captivating image.
- Make simple editing adjustments to elevate quality.
Keep reading to see session descriptions and the supporting cheat-sheets and checklists you'll receive with your class purchase.