Podcast Recording Details
Delighted to have you join us!
Here are some details to prepare for our recording day
If we are interviewing on a book, please send an advance or press copy to: PO Box 3214, Boone, NC 28607 or get us in touch with your publisher to arrange. Allow 7-10 days prior to the interview time to coordinate.
If an unexpected schedule change comes up, get in touch with us by using the red chat button in the lower right corner.
To prepare for the interview, we will gather 5-7 questions/topics to discuss conversationally. If you have changes to the questions, you can modify those directly in the Google Doc link you receive. There isn't a lot of prep work you'll need to do for the answers — we like to keep the conversation casual. If you have more questions about how the conversation will go, we can answer any more questions you have on that.
- Is there a speciality people regularly ask you about? You might choose to ask your Instagram audience if there's anything they'd like to hear you discuss on the interview. They can offer great insight, and you can choose your favorite responses. If you choose to use Instagram, you are welcome to tag us (@teamflower) and I can monitor the post and process the questions for you.
- We'll gather questions from our members and combine into a set of questions and you pick the ones you like best. We'll shoot to have all the questions gathered one week prior to the interview and then the week prior to the interview we will finalize the agenda.
- All you need for recording day is the following:
- A quiet room
- Google Chrome on a computer
- Computer with a microphone or external earbuds with mic plugged in
- Headphones/earphones to listen and reduce feedback
- Before the scheduled recording time, you will be emailed a link to join the interview using a website called Zencastr. Visit that link using Google Chrome on your computer When prompted, you will want to allow access to your computer microphone (and if it asks about notifications, allow that too). Just click "Allow."
- Put in headphones, and be sure you are sitting in a quiet room for recording.
- You'll see us pop on and we'll chat for a second before we start recording.
- All recordings are edited after recording, so if you need to repeat an answer you'll be able to with no problem.
- After the recording, please keep your web browser open until you see confirmation that your audio has uploaded.
Allow microphone access when you first open the page using Chrome
You will be prompted to enter your name, this can be anything
After you first visit the Zencastr link, bookmark the page then reload the page. This will allow all the "health checks" to pass and bookmarking gives Chrome permission to save a backup of your recording to your computer. This will help prevent any need to record the podcast a second time :)
If you need to change microphone or headphones, click this gear icon
Clicking this will mute yourself. The picture shown is what it looks like when you're unmuted
After the Interview
The interview will be processed and transcribed by our team. It will be assigned a release date and we will inform you of this date. If there is a book, workshop or product you're promoting, please provide the link you prefer people use for purchase in response, along with 12-15 images we an incorporate into your blog/social media post. We recommend having at least one head shot, a shot of your shop, book, workshop, flowers, etc. (if applicable). It will also be great to choose images that correlate with the various topics discussed. If there are photography credits that should be assigned to images, just let us know.
The week of release, the interview will post on the Team Flower blog, on Apple Podcasts, and other podcast networks. It will also be featured in an upcoming weekly flower email that goes out to tens of thousands of flower professionals and mentioned on social media. The blog post will link to your Instagram and a flower related workshop, product or online store you’d like to highlight.
We will send you a link to the post when it goes live and you are welcome to share it with your audience in whatever capacity you choose.